Carroll Realty has partnered with Rental Guardian to provide travel insurance options to our guests; we highly recommend that every guest purchase travel insurance. We want to make sure our guests can feel secure when booking their beach vacation and so we offer two different types of insurance plans:
- Cancel For Any Reason – this plan must be purchased within 14 days of making your initial reservation. The cost is an additional 9.8% of your total reservation costs. This plan covers everyone in your party scheduled to travel and guarantees a refund of at least 60% of your reservation up to 100% depending on your reason for cancelling. A covered reason listed below would qualify for 100% refund. The best thing about this plan is that it guarantees you at least a partial refund even without a covered reason. Guests can receive anywhere from a 60-90% refund.
- Standard Travel Protection – this plan can be purchased anytime up until 30 days prior to your arrival date or when final payment is made, whichever is sooner. The cost is an additional 7% of your total reservation costs. This plan covers everyone in your party scheduled to travel and will only refund 100% with a valid covered reason.
Covered reasons are listed below:
- Policy triggers include the guest and/or traveling companions in the event of illness or COVID-19
- Policy triggers include guest and traveling companions in the event of a medical quarantine within the guidelines
- Policy triggers include guest and/or traveling companions in the event of death
- Additional coverages could be for things like job loss within the limits of the policy
- Beach, event, restaurant, amusement park closure, etc. is not a covered reason. In addition, stay-in place orders are not covered. The Cancel For Any Reason policy would provide coverage in these instances should the guest choose to cancel for these reasons.
If you are interested in purchasing insurance, you can simply book online and add the policy or let us know which policy you would like and we will manually add it to your reservation. Please give us a call if you have any additional questions. Once the insurance is added to your reservation it will need to be paid for in full and you will receive your policy information shortly thereafter. We will do our best to answer insurance questions, but please keep in mind that Carroll Realty is not a licensed insurance agency and cannot answer specific insurance policy questions. For specific policy related questions, please call Rental Guardian at 888-885-5550.
Please keep in mind that without insurance, our normal cancellation policy as outlined in our StreamSign document will apply, in that we must re-rent the property first before being able to provide a refund less a $100 booking fee if cancelled within 6 months of your arrival date.